The CMMI-SVC Certification Examination is a requirement for:
- those interested in being certified to teach the Services Supplement for CMMI for Development course
- candidates for the SCAMPI Lead Appraiser for Services Certification
- candidates for the Introduction to CMMI for Services Instructor Certification
The exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions. To pass the exam, you must answer at least 48 of these questions correctly. You will be allotted 2 hours to complete the closed-book exam.
|Common Concepts Applied Differently||CMMI concepts applied in the service environment|
|Changed PA’s||Changes to CMF and shared PAs|
|CAM||Capacity and Availability Management|
|IRP||Incident Resolution and Prevention|
|SSD||Service System Development|
|STSM||Strategic Service Management|
|Service Concepts||Service and service system definition, service types, characteristics, scope, and interrelationships|
|Structure||Structure of PAs|
|CMF||CMMI Model Foundation|
The exam fee is $250. To register for the exam, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.webassessor.com/sei_cmmiinstitute.
- If applicable, follow the instructions for new users.
- After logging in, click ”Register for Exam” at the top of the page.
- On the “Exam Registration” page, click “Buy Now” next to “CMMI-SVC Certification exam.” Clicking “Buy Now” does not obligate you to purchase the exam.
- On the “Select Testing Center” page, use the drop-down menus at the top of the page to tailor the search for a testing center by country, state, zip code, etc.
- On the “Date and Time Selection” page, schedule a testing session by selecting a date and starting time.
- After scheduling the test session and acknowledging that you have read the “no-shows and cancellations” policy, click the blue “Select” button.
- On the “Shopping Cart” page, if everything appears correct, click the blue “Check Out” button.
- On the “Checkout” page, provide the appropriate billing and payment information, and click the blue “Submit” button. After you click the Submit button, the credit card charge will be processed.
- After the exam has been purchased, you will receive an email that confirms the purchase and provides important information about the testing session, including a candidate authorization code that you will need in order to take the exam.
Please Note: This exam will occasionally be offered in a paper-based format at conferences and workshops. At such events, the price of the exam will be reduced to $150.
Applicants who do not pass the exam must wait 48 hours before retaking it. The exam may be retaken a maximum of three times within one year after an applicant’s first attempt. If an applicant has not passed the exam after four attempts, he/she must wait one year before scheduling another retake.
A retake exam costs $250 and can be scheduled using the instructions found in the Exam Registration section above.
A refund is available to applicants who need to cancel or reschedule their exam if they do so at least 72 hours prior to the scheduled exam time. No refund is available if cancellation occurs within 72 hours of the scheduled test time.
While the emphasis of this exam is on service-specific material, examinees are expected to be familiar with the CMMI product suite. A review of the following materials is recommended prior to taking the exam:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any exam-related questions.